Connect your inbox to the CRM
First, by granting us the access to your inbox, your CRM can locate relevant e-mail conversations and sync them in your CRM, so you always have the full communication history in one place. E-mails that are sent from the platform appear in the CRM and also in your Gmail sent folder. There will never be any confusion about where to find which e-mail.
To provide this functionality, Talentry will have access to some information about your e-mails such as e-mail address you are sending from, the e-mail addresses of your recipients, the subject and most importantly the body/content of the e-mail. We will only use that access to power our functionalities. We will never do anything with your data that you do not agree on. It is your data, and we help you to use it better.
You will always be able to delete specific e-mails from your CRM with just a click. You will also have the full power to control from which contacts we sync replies into the CRM. It is all up to you.
This article describes how you can connect your inbox to Talentry. You can also find all Frequently Asked Questions right here. If there are any other open questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set up your inbox sync
We will now walk you through the setup of the e-mail sync and all its functionalities in detail. If you have a specific question, please check the FAQ´s.
Choose your e-mail connection type
When setting up the e-mail integration, you need to know who hosts your e-mail. If you're not sure who hosts your e-mail, ask your IT department.
- Connect your Gmail account
- Connect your Office 365 account (Coming soon)
- Connect your inbox via IMAP (Coming soon)
Connect your Gmail account
- Go to the settings tab in the left side menu
- Open personal preferences
- Click on e-mail integration
- Choose Gmail as your software provider
- A popup opens with the Gmail login
- Please log into your Gmail account on this page and connect your work e-mail address
- You now have to give Talentry permission to read and send e-mails from your inbox
- After you successfully gave those permissions the popup will close
- Now you see the successful connection with your Gmail account
- At this point, we will sync nothing from your inbox
- To start the sync for a specific contact, you can visit contact details and activate it
- Also whenever you are initiating a new conversation with a contact, we will ask you if the sync should be turned on
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers and general information regarding connecting your e-mail inbox to Talentry.
- What does connecting an inbox to Talentry do?
- What permissions does Talentry have when connected to Gmail?
- What will Talentry sync after I connected my inbox?
- How does Talentry find replies after I connect my inbox?
- What happens with deleted e-mails after I connected my inbox?
- What information is logged/stored in the CRM?
- How does Talentry handle security with connected inboxes?
- What happens after I disconnect my e-mail inbox from the Talentry CRM?
- Can I connect multiple e-mails with my Talentry CRM?
What does connecting an inbox to Talentry do?
After you connect your inbox, all replies to e-mails that you sent from the CRM will be synced in your timeline. This sync will only be activated when you sent a message to a contact. You can also activate that sync in the contact detail. You can also track any e-mail sent from your CRM in your connected inbox's sent folder.
What permissions does Talentry have when connected to Gmail
When setting up the integration, Talentry will request to connect to your Gmail account. This is required so that conversations can be synced between Talentry and Gmail.
Talentry will have permissions to:
- Read all resources and their metadata—no write operations (Import communication with a candidate from Gmail to Talentry.)
- Send messages only. No, read or modify privileges on the mailbox. (Add e-mails sent from Talentry directly to your sent folder in Gmail.)
What will Talentry sync after I connected my inbox?
Talentry will only sync messages from your inbox that related to a contacts e-mail address where the sync is activated. We do *not* synchronize any e-mails from your spam folder/archive or trash. Also, you are always in power to control for which leads the sync should happen and for which it should not.
How does Talentry find replies after I connect my inbox?
Talentry will check your inbox periodically (every 1 minute) for replies/messages from contacts in your CRM, where the sync is active. If the sync is inactive for a contact in your CRM, we will not sync any messages.
What happens with deleted e-mails after I connected my inbox?
Deleted e-mails are not synced (also applies to Trash and Spam/Junk folders), but already synced e-mails will stay in the CRM and can be removed manually.
What information is logged/stored in the CRM?
All messages that have been sent from the Talentry CRM or that have been synced to the Talentry CRM will be stored securely on our servers. This allows us to deal with duplications and further reporting.
What happens after I disconnect my e-mail inbox from the Talentry CRM?
All your active sync jobs are stopped, and no further communication will be synced. E-mails that have already been synchronized to the CRM will remain there until you remove them manually.